On 8th of April 2019 European Commission presented guidelines for the ethical development and application of Artificial Intelligence. The guidelines’ first draft was published in December 2018 after which an open consultation took place with more than 500 comments.
According to the guidelines, trustworthy Artificial Intelligence should be:
- lawful - respecting all applicable laws and regulations
- ethical - respecting ethical principles and values
- robust - both from a technical perspective while taking into account its social environment
There are seven key requirements set that Artificial Intelligence system should meet in order to be considered trustworthy:
- human agency and oversight
- technical robustness and safety
- privacy and data governance
- diversity, non-discrimination and fairness
- societal and environmental well-being
More information can be found if you click here.